Tuesday, May 3, 2011

All About Gunnar






I know that it's hard to believe, but four years ago today I first held my baby boy. Gunnar took four years of fertility treatment, just over $47,000, and a miracle from God to conceive. It's hard to believe that at this point we have had him for just as long as we tried for him.
We could not be more blessed to have him, so todays thankful list is all about Gunnar, so here goes.
When it comes to Gunnar I am thankful...

48. for his capacity for compassion -- G hates to see other people sad and everytime he sees me cry (even happy tears) he sheds a few tears of his and wants to know what he can do to make it better.
49. that his sister is his best friend -- G & P may argue and bicker like all brothers and sisters, but they hate being apart and G revels in making P laugh.
50. for his giving heart -- today G got a birthday card from Aunt Nancy with two $5 bills in it. Immediately, he looked at P and said "look Patton, one for you and one for me, isn't that exciting?".
51. that he is his fathers son -- not only is G a spitting image of John, but he also shares most of his habits and tendencies, which ensures that he will grow up to be an amazing man.
52. for his love for God -- I am often humbled by the way that G loves God and the way that he lives that out.
53. for his sense of humor -- just like his dad, not a day goes by when G doesn't make me laugh until my stomach hurts.
54. that God picked me to be his mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment