Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bad Mom Moments

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that all mom's have bad mom moments. My worst bad mom moment is so embarrassing that years later I still haven't shared it with anyone but my husband. Anyway. I feel like deployment makes these moments more frequent and then (in true deployment mom guilt mode) I overanalyze them. Even in the short period of time that John has been gone, I feel like there have been a million bad mom moments. So, what's a mom to do but share her bad mom moments? Here are a few of the ones that I have chalked up in the last two weeks.


  • The other night I fell asleep with the t.v. on (sometimes the silence in the night is just too much) and I woke up at about 1 a.m. to find G sitting in my bed intently watching American Pickers. I have no idea how long he was there before I woke up.

  • Approximately 5 times have I gotten into the car and put it in gear before G has yelled, at the top of his lungs, "I'M NOT BUCKLED IN". (Note -- I've never driven with him unbuckled, so don't freak out).

  • The other day I was vacuuming and there was a dime on the floor. I told G to come pick it up and put it "away" with the money he takes to offering on Sunday. Instead of making sure that he did it, like I normally do, I went back to vacuuming only to have P walk up a few minutes later and say "Mommy, Gunnar gave me some money and I put it in my mouth and now I can't find it". That's right, ladies and gentlemen, she swallowed it.

  • When I was doing laundry yesterday I realized that the kids pajamas outnumbered their day clothes 2 to 1. We have to get out more.

There you have it, some of my best and brightest moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment