Sunday, August 19, 2012

Oh, I Love Her!

I am in love with this girl! Everyday -- but this week especially I have been enthralled by her crooked lips, odd sense of humor, unique style, and genuine innocence. Where did she come from? She is nothing like me! Or John! Or anyone I know! I think that makes me love her even more! Her unique style often consists of mismatched shoes, winter hats in July, dresses over jeans, and tutus with EVERYTHING (think Frankenstein in 'Big Daddy')! For the last year or so I have tried to tone down her unconventional choices, but I was really convicted this week to give her a little more freedom and let her enjoy this carefree aspect of being a kid! So, I have resolved to let this sweet little girl wear whatever she'd like (within reason, obviously the child doesn't own immodest clothing!) to wherever she'd like (church and formal occasions excluded, most of the time). I know it may sound crazy and it may mean that I tote around a preschooler wearing more costume jewelry than Joan Rivers, or people may drive by me and wonder why my kid is wearing her alligator Halloween costume in August, but oh well.
With that being said, be prepared to be bombarded by cute pictures of her ensembles, like this winner from yesterday. She wore the tiara, tutu and John Deere boots to the library, but said that the boots weren't working so she traded them in for her ladybug rain boots,Tonka truck helmet, and skateboard. Today she wore two different shoes to dinner.
Isn't she just the sweetest?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree Chris, she is a special little girl. That is awesome that you let her express herself in what she wears. I wish I would have been better at that. Although, I did take many a superhero to the commissary...my favorite was the months long period when Spiderman, complete with mask, and a princess would tag along with me. I miss those days. I have a friend here...her daughter dresses up in a unicorn costume constantly. She is three years old. Now she just posts pictures of unicorn sightings...bowling, eating ice cream, shopping, this unicorn gets around :) Have fun with your kiddos!! We miss you around here!

    ReplyDelete