Thursday, January 27, 2011

C-a-l-i-f-o-r-n-i-a

I spent 72 hours in California.
I had planned the quick trip when we weren't scheduled to get our passports on time to travel through Canada. A quick trip would allow me to get birth certificates for me and the kids and get the details of passports and traveling worked out. Turns out that the passports for all of us showed up about two weeks early and there was really no need for me to go to the Golden (insert sarcasm) State. But, I already had a ticket and it had been awhile since I had a) seen some of my best friends b) had my hair cut and colored and c) breathed smog, so I headed down there. It doesn't take more than about five minutes being off of the plane to realize that California really is like a whole different country. The pretension just seeps out of people.
But as much as I wholeheartedly dislike CA, I love my friends and I was grateful to be able to spend the day with my awesome friends like Nancy, Amy, and Eileen, as well as seeing a bunch of people that I had been missing for a long time. An added bonus is that my head is about 15 pounds lighter and a bit bluer thanks to Eileen!
I flew back into Portland last night, only to hear G said to John "okay, now you're a good daddy because you got my mommy back". It's sweet to be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment