Thursday, January 20, 2011

Missing Out

One of my favorite things about coming to Oregon is John's Aunt Mary. Not only does she make the best elk taco's ever, but she is so insightful and funny that I could sit and talk to her for days on end. So, I was really excited to hang out with Aunt Mary and John's cousins last night. That time is never boring -- our kids played until they were exhausted, John and his cousins had some quality boy time, and I laughed until I cried with Aunt Mary, Nicole, and Kelsey. It's days like yesterday that really make us feel like we are missing out on something important, for ourselves and our children, while we go gallavanting across the world with the Army. It's a double edged sword, but at the end of the day we're following our call and trusting God and we're at peace with that, even if there are some sad days here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment