Saturday, January 15, 2011

Goodbye Stinks!

A million things that have been happening in the process of this move that have made me mad, or aggravated, but last night something happened that just made me plain sad -- I had to say goodbye to my friends.
I've made lots of great friends at Fort Carson, and have even been reunited with great friends from other duty stations while we have been here, but my close circle of friends have been some of the best that I have ever had. Friends who will watch your kids at the drop of a hat when you have to go to the ER. Friends who drive up to church only to see that you have just dropped your untouched strawberry limeade and proceed to drive to Sonic to get you a new one before Bible Study starts. Friends that make you laugh so hard you snort. Friends who will miss you enough to Skype you into Bible Study, and friends who, upon hearing about you being Skyped into Bible Study, will say "so that when you talk too much we can mute you".
I'm trying to trust that God will be faithful to deliver me to a new group of friends who are just as awesome, but that doesn't make it any easier to leave this group of friends. Being without them is going to be a major void in my life, and I'll admit, I cried all the way home from dinner last night.
I love you Melanie, Alicia, Lori, Susan, and Kathryn! I'm going to miss you all sooo much!

2 comments:

  1. We love you guys, and I am really going to miss you and the rest of your family!! Btw, whoever suggested skype for Bible study is awesome! We should do it :) Have a safe trip and enjoy Yaska!!! You will love it, I promise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you and all your crew. Missing you already. I might have to leave your chair open during Bible study. I can't wait to skype with you during our study. It will sooooo rock!

    ReplyDelete